List of think need in a house:
* Refrigerator with freezer capacity
* Stove or cooking range
* Microwave (optional)
* Laundry appliances
* Freezer, chest or upright (optional)
* Dishwasher (optional)
Countertop Appliances & Accessories
* Toaster or toaster oven
* Mixer, hand or stand model
* Coffee maker
* 12” and 6” size skillets
* Cookware set, or at least 1qt, 2 qt and 4 qt saucepans with covers
* A 4 qt or larger size Dutch oven for roasts and large portions (can also be used for casseroles)
* Stock pot for soups, stews, and sauces
* Steamer pot or insert
* Casserole dish
* Roaster or roasting pan for poultry
Kitchen Utensils & Tools
* Canister set
* Kitchen tool holder
* Spice rack or holder
* Colander - preferably small and large
* 2 rubber or silicone spatulas
* 2 wooden spoons
* Manual can opener (or an electric model)
* Cheese and vegetable grater
* Plastic and/or metal serving and cooking utensils, such as large slotted and regular spoons, soup ladle, potato masher, large meat fork, and stirring paddles
* Flipper, lifter or egg turner
* Knife set including paring, chopping and slicing knives and one with a serrated edge for slicing bread.
* Steak knives
* Cutting boards
* Vegetable cleaning brush and long bottlebrush
* Scouring or pot cleaning pads or brushes
* Potholders, hot pads and oven mitts
* Assortment of dishcloths and tea towels
Tableware & Serving
* Flatware setting for 4 persons or sufficient for members of the household, plus a few extras
* Everyday set of dishes for 4 persons or adjusted accordingly.
* Fruit or dessert dishes
* Glassware assortment, including 4 oz, 6 oz and 8oz glasses
* Small bowls such as cereal bowls if not included in dish set
* Additional coffee or tea mugs
* Salt and pepper set
* Cream and sugar bowl
* Napkin holder
* 2 or 3 serving bowls of various sizes
* Serving platter
* Large and medium size mixing bowls
* Measuring cup and spoons
* Pastry Blender
* Cooking sheet, pie plate and cake pan
* Rolling pin
Floor Care & Cleaning Items
* Vacuum cleaner
* Broom and dustpan
* Floor mop, scrub pail, scrub brush and cleaning rags
Linens & Towels
* Every household requires a minimum amount of towels, facecloths, table and bed linens, sufficient for each member of the family.
* Emergency Disaster Kit, which includes a flashlight with batteries. What your kit should include may vary depending on your specific area; for suggestions, please see related links.
* Smoke detector and other safety products. Every household should have at least one smoke detector, but your local authorities can confirm what is either, required by law or recommended for your specific area.
* Stepladder or stepstool
* Supply of electrical fuses (if applicable), and light bulbs
* Waste containers such as kitchen garbage receptacle and wastebaskets for bathroom, bedrooms, and laundry area, and bins for recycling.
* Laundry basket and hamper for soiled laundry
* Small supply of plastic food storage containers and bags
* A few clothes hangers
* All purpose cookbook
* Iron and ironing board with cover
* Bathroom items such as drain plug, toilet brush, soap dispenser and shower curtain
* Table or floor fan to promote air circulation and cooling.
* Other cooling and heating appliances required for your specific climate and needs.
Mini project idea
I’ve been interested with the idea of designing a house for a standard shipping container for sum time know. I like the idea of making a house out of a single container with could be move by using a lorry, as well as, staying with in the weight limit that one is aloud to have if you were to ship the container oversea.
This then make it interesting to find and design item that will meet these brief.
So the house will have to have:
- Bed (Double)
- Oven and hods
- Storage space
so have begin the job hunt. with 3 job applied so far. see how this goes.